We are living in a world where most of our food comes with additives like pesticides, pollution and other enhancement to our food. With this, we can easily say that we are now actively consuming some form of toxicity from our foods.
Sometimes this toxicity can build up in our body and can negatively affect the colon, rendering some functions of the body. This can affect the digestive power of the body and as a result, our overall health can deteriorate.
When the colon is filled up with toxic materials, you can start feeling exhausted and sluggish throughout the day and it will take its toll on your day to day functions.
Luckily, our bodies are strong enough to detoxify naturally, but sometimes the toxic material is so much that even natural detoxifying process fails to clean the colon.
In order to remove the toxins from our colon, we use colon cleanse. There are several types of colon cleanse available in the market that you can use to get back your health. Read our top 10 colon cleanse review.
Benefits of a colon cleanse
Colon cleansing is easy if you keep a close eye on what you are eating. For starters, exercising and maintaining a healthy diet can greatly help your body to cleanse. But sometimes we may need to opt for a colon cleanse which has tons of other benefits as well.
1. Increases your concentration, energy and focus – cleaning your colon means that the energy your intestines use to cleanse your body naturally can be used in other tasks. In simple words, it means that you will be able to use the freed up energy in other tasks you perform throughout the day.
Many experts have proven that good nutrition is excellent for your mental health. Cleaning the colon will directly impact your mental and physical being. Read: African Mango Cleanse
2. Prevents constipation and greatly improves overall digestion – constipation is a huge let down for some. When the digestion process is disturbed through colon being filled with toxins, you can easily find it difficult to digest food properly.
This can also result in your body’s ability to consume vital nutrients from the food you eat which results in major deficiencies. So cleansing your colon is very important if you want to stay healthy and away from constipation.
3. Greatly helps in weight loss – when you are eating food that is low in fiber, it will result in weight gain. This happens because food without any fiber does not fill your stomach up and you feel hungry very often.
When you cleanse the colon, most of the unwanted food particles from your body are washed out and it can easily result in better food choices and weight loss in the future.
4. Supports overall health functions – cleansing colon also results in overall better health because your body will start using the energy to consume vital nutrients like minerals and vitamins from the food you consume. These are very important to keep you up and running throughout the day.
How To Cleanse Your Colon Naturally
- Fermented Vegetables (sauerkraut and kimchi)
- Consume more probiotic rich foods (kefir, goats milk)
- Apples – Cleanse the colon with Pectin
- Avocados- Fiber rich and contain Potassium and Magnesium- flush out colon from toxins.
- Flax Seeds or Sprouted Flax (loaded with Omega 3 fatty acids)
- Triphala- Herb used in India and Asia as a tonic to support colon function
- Get more clean water! 8 glasses a day of pure clean water
Read more: 10 Home Remedies for Colon Cleansing
- Klosterbuer, A. et al.Benefits of dietary fiber in clinical nutrition. Nutrition in Clinical Practice.
- Slavin, J. L.Dietary fiber and body weight.
is a registered dietitian with over 10 years of experience in the field of nutrition. She has a Master’s degree in Nutritional Science from Dhaka University and has worked with various clients to help them achieve their health goals through personalized diet plans. Mounota is passionate about educating people on the benefits of a healthy diet and lifestyle and has written extensively on the subject for various publications.
Leave a Reply