Losing weight is a common concern of huge number of people both men and women. Luckily, there are various ways that can help to achieve the size and weight that everyone wants.
There are beverages that are calorie-free and claiming to help you to succeed in your weight loss effort. Oolong tea is one of the healthy beverages that won’t only help to reduce weight but also body fat.
Table of Contents
Oolong tea is filled with vitamins and minerals like calcium, potassium, magnesium, selenium, niacin and folic acid. It is also rich in vitamins A, C and E as well as detoxifying alkaloids.
This healthy tea is also beneficial to cure diabetes, treat cancer, maintaining healthy heart and making the immune system strong. Drinking Oolong tea can improve the brain function and reduce stress.
How It Works to Lose Weight
Drinking Oolong tea regularly works efficiently in getting rid unwanted pounds at the same time maintaining the desired body weight. Do you know what makes this tea helpful to lose weight?
- Improves the rate of metabolism
Oolong tea is rich with antioxidants that are essential to improve the rate of metabolism. Apparently, fast metabolic rate means burning more calories that is the key to lose weight successfully.
- Lowers cholesterol level
Intake of oolong tea stimulates the production of polyphenol molecule that eventually makes the enzyme lipase active. This action decreases the cholesterol level and burn body fat. This is the best way to lose weight slowly but consistently.
- Helps digestion
Consumption of oolong tea helps proper digestion that prevents gaining weight. If you’re experiencing any ulcer problem, this tea also reduces the inflammation in your digestive track.
The antiseptic property of oolong tea facilitates smooth digestion process and clean up the bad bacteria in your digestive track.
- Decreases abdominal fat
The key to achieve the desired shape of your body is to get rid the fat deposit in the belly area and in the arm. Likewise, the antioxidant content of oolong tea aids in lowering the bad cholesterol that is harmful to your health.
- Regulates the blood sugar level
Gaining weight is associated to the high level of blood sugar. This means that if the sugar level is normal, gaining weight can be controlled. Thus, drinking oolong tea can help to keep or stabilize the blood sugar level through the polyphenols present in it.
According to a study conducted by The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, the caffeine and catechins content in oolong tea is responsible for increasing weight loss.
It’s because these substances work together to boost the metabolism and eventually burn more fat. Regular oolong tea is more effective for losing weight as compared to the decaffeinated ones.
5 Best Oolong Tea
WuLong Slimming Tea
Revolution Tea Dragon Eye Oolong Tea
Prince of Peace Organic Tea
Maharaja Chai Oolong Tea by Teavana
Revolution Tea Dragon Eye Oolong Tea
How much oolong tea to drink for weight loss?
To get best result of weight loss takes 2 cups of oolong tea every day half an hour to one hour before your exercise routine or after meals.
Nutrients in Oolong Tea
- Fluoride: 5–24% of the RDI.
- Manganese: 26% of the RDI.
- Potassium: 1% of the RDI.
- Sodium: 1% of the RDI.
- Magnesium: 1% of the RDI.
- Niacin: 1% of the RDI.
- Caffeine: 36 mg.
Precautions When Taking Oolong Tea for Weight Loss
Prior of sipping a cup of oolong, you must take time knowing some safety precautions.
- Oolong tea naturally has fluoride content. That’s why it’s important to drink just the right amount of tea to avoid great amount of fluorides. Keep in mind that high level of fluoride intake can cause skeletal fluorosis.
- Since caffeine is the main ingredient of oolong tea, you must expect some side effects including anxiety, increased heart rate, dehydration, restlessness, PMS, difficulty in sleeping, excessive urination and depression.
- Before you drink oolong tea, you must check first with your doctor.
- People who are taking prescription medications as well as pregnant and nursing women should avoid taking oolong tea.
- Over or prolonged consumption of oolong tea can cause upset stomach, hypokalemia, osteoporosis, kidney stones and others.
- Taking the tea with the right amount promotes healthy body and strong teeth. It can also make your skin flawless and radiant.
Knowing the benefits of oolong tea in managing your weight can help a lot to shed those unwanted pounds. The good thing is that you can prepare your own fresh tea or buy oolong tea in the market. But, make sure to choose the best brand.
Keeping a healthy weight is a smart decision, but you need to be extra careful in choosing the best way to achieve your weight loss goals. Drinking oolong tea to lose weight can provide quick and effective results.
Dietitian with around 3 years of experience in assessing the nutritional needs of patients, counselling individuals, communicating the appropriate nutritional information to other members of the health care team and implementing nutritional care plans by following all the standards.