Exercising is very crucial in our daily life because it helps our cardiovascular system as well as burn calories. One of the ways to achieve good exercise is by visiting the gym or having it at the comfort of your own home.
Table of Contents
- Why you should acquire a home exercise tool?
- #1. Jumping Ropes:
- #2. Dumbbells:
- #3. Treadmills, stair climbers, rowing machines:
- #4. Yoga Mat:
- #5. Balance Ball Chair:
- #6. Fitness Functional Trainers:
- 7. Indoor Cycling Bike:
- 8. Punching Bag:
- #9. Weight Lifting Bench:
- #10. Foam Roller:
- How to Achieve the Best Out of Your Workout Tools
- Conditions for Good Equipment
- Advantages of Home Exercise Equipment
Why you should acquire a home exercise tool?
- Ability to exercise freely without worrying what another person might think.
- Avoids wasting time while waiting for other members.
- Ensures that you are able to follow a specific workout routine.
- No monthly or membership charges, the only costs are the initial purchase and you enjoy a lifetime service.
There are various types of home exercise equipment worth investing. To help you find the best home exercise equipment, we have a top ten list.
#1. Jumping Ropes:
Jumping ropes are very reliable as they are used to burn calories within less than an hour. A 125-pound person can burn 300 Calories in 30-minute activities (1). Jumping ropes are a valuable investment to persons who have the trouble of fitting cardio into their daily plan.
It is a piece of cheap and portable equipment that one should have. This is because 5 minutes of rope jumping is the same as 25 minutes of running.
Cost: Est. $6 to $15
Dumbbells can easily be adjusted to various weights unlike the big ones found within the gym set up. They are of various sizes and shapes which inhibit them from rolling. Dumbbells come with a stand and a dumbbell.
It could be in 3 pairs having 2-pound size. They are used in stretching and strengthening chest muscles, back, and thighs. They are beneficial with cardio as well as respiratory fitness.
Cost: Est. $8 to $300
#3. Treadmills, stair climbers, rowing machines:
The following are very good for cardio exercise. However, they should be used after clearance from an individual’s health doctor. The reason is to prevent the stress of the heart which might result in a heart attack which is very dangerous.
Cost: Est. $200 to $3000
#4. Yoga Mat:
It is one of the many pieces of equipment that you cannot afford to miss. It is useful during exercise as it prevents an individual from sliding or slipping on the floor or carpet. It is used during yoga practice to relieve tension and stress. It makes pushups easier.
- Exceptional resilience allows you to keep your balance during any exercise style
- Use for all forms of exercise
Cost: Est. $10 to $35
#5. Balance Ball Chair:
An individual with back pain issues can this tool should be within your pain relieving procedures. It helps align the back, reduces pain, and boosts energy. It can be used as a dining chair by an individual or be used as a home office chair.
It is good for pregnant women as they also relieve back pain during their final trimester. You don’t have to worry in case of pressure within the ball runs out as it comes with its own air pump.
Cost: Est. $50 to $100
#6. Fitness Functional Trainers:
Functional trainer is also known as cable gyms or cable crossover machines buy this equipment you can do a bunch of exercise at home such as squats, strengthening both upper and lower body through presses, lunges, curls, and more.
It comes as an important tool for individuals who want to cut down weight and build their muscles. To increase metabolism within the body an individual has to lift weights.
Cost: Est. $1500 to $4000
7. Indoor Cycling Bike:
An individual afraid of the commotion within the city or an area with no bicycle lanes can purchase an indoor bicycle to train. The beauty of having this equipment is that a person gets to see their heart speed, distance covered and time used while riding, and calories burnt during the exercise.
It has an adjustable height and padded seat. It might be stationary but it gives you the same feel as that of a real bicycle.
Cost: Est. $100 to $1000
8. Punching Bag:
It can be set up within an individual’s basement. It is a tool that comes with great benefits one being that it’s used as a stress reliever.
A person can focus all their energy to hitting one object thus reducing all the tension they have built up in their body. It’s a tool made to last as the material used is of high quality.
Cost: Est. $50 to $130
#9. Weight Lifting Bench:
It’s an equipment that allows an individual to keep proper forms while changing their different positions. A person can get a full body workout with free weights.
- Supports a variety of workout routines
- Easy Assembly and Placement
- Can be folded for storage
Cost: Est. $50 to $150
#10. Foam Roller:
It is a piece of equipment that comes in handy when one has taken time out from their regular exercise procedures. It is used to relieve muscle pain as it is common to experience during that period.
Cost: Est. $20 to $50
Buying of these home gym equipment depends on your budget and specific goals that you might want to achieve for example training for sports, health purpose as well as leisure.
Before purchasing any home exercise equipment one must conduct research and also see conditions of exercise tools, warranty, and safety measures and precautions.
How to Achieve the Best Out of Your Workout Tools
It’s very key to keep short periods of full body work out as your body adjusts. Your work out schedules should be easy and consistent. It could be very early in the morning, evening or weekends depending on your day job.
A home exercise equipment should be located in a cool environment and it should be a place that you can also invite friends and family to join you. It’s usually located in the basement to minimize the distraction of other members of the family.
Conditions for Good Equipment
- They should be portable to allow for easy installation by either you or a specialist.
- It should be functional and in good conditions. That’s should not be very wary or torn.
- Can serve different levels of workouts.
- Easily adjustable and lightweight, not too heavy to lift or carry around.
- Enhances the safety of the user with few or fewer damages to the equipment itself and users.
Advantages of Home Exercise Equipment
- Cost saving – costs incurred are purchasing and maintenance only.
- The sense of pride – one can easily brag that they have their own gym parlor at home, whether fully or less equipped.
- Efficient – you have the choice of any equipment you require to practice on, without necessarily queuing for one and more so, no time limitations.
- Minimum distractions – you are able to work out in a cool, relaxed environment free from public glare and discouragement. Thus more focus on training and hence more perfections in your workouts.
While conducting home gym equipment an individual acquires the required information as well as knowledge on what to acquire. In order to get the best out of your body workouts, one must acquire home gym equipment reviews Australia which will assist in decision making.
In turn, one is less likely to waste time while shopping for a piece of equipment. One also has a variety of choices from second hand to brand new. The review also helps one focus on the goal they need to achieve.
Janice Thompson is a nutritionist. She loves to share her healthy lifestyle and diet tips.