Anti-inflammatory recipes are using those ingredients which are known for the anti-inflammatory properties.
Here is the list of anti-inflammatory foods Green leafy vegetables – spinach, kale, celery, broccoli, Ginger, turmeric, lemon, blueberries, oranges, tomatoes, olive oil, salmon.
To reduce levels of inflammation, aim for an overall healthy diet.
To avoid inflammation add natural food to your diet avoid processed foods
Here are some quick anti-inflammatory recipes to cure inflammation.
#1 Carrot soup with ginger & turmeric
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1-inch ginger knob, peeled and grated
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Fresh parsley, black sesame
Boil all the above ingredients for 15 minutes. After boiling along with vegetable broth blend it in. A mixture
Pour the soup into serving bowls, garnish with fresh parsley, sesame and serve warm.
#2 Immunity boosting smoothie
- 300 ml fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup raw cranberries
- 120 ml coconut or almond milk
- 1 small banana
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- optional – ice for more thickness or protein powder of choice.
Along with orange juice Combine with rest of ingredients in the blender. Blend until smooth.
#3 Green smoothie
- Half grapefruit
- Handful pineapple
- 5 leaves spinach
- Small piece ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 celery
- Handful mint coriander
Blend all ingredients together in the blender until smooth.
#4 Lemon lentil soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups diced or sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery (1 full head)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dried turmeric
- 2 cups green lentils, rinsed
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 3 small lemons
Heat oil in a large add the onion, carrots, celery, and salt and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and sauté another minute longer. Add the broth, turmeric, and lentils.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, for 45 minutes. Stir in the lemon zest and juice and simmer another 30 minutes. Add more broth if needed.
#5 Turmeric & lemon tea
- 3 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Pinch of cayenne
bring the ingredients to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat; until the liquid cools to room temperature. Strain and reheat to serve. The brews can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week
Raheela Hasan is a health and nutrition specialist with a rich experience of over six years in clinical nutrition and natural healing. Her venture ‘FITRITION’ is the culmination of all her experience, learning and is committed to optimum nutrition solutions.