In this age and time there is high emphasis on physical appearances of people. Therefore, to remain fit is on everyone’s agenda. Weight loss programs, diets and supplements are at their peak.
A study of the pros and cons of the varying weight loss methods should be carefully analyzed to help you choose the right one.
Garcinia Cambogia and Raspberry Ketone are two popular weight loss supplements. The following discussion of their pros and cons respectively will help you choose the best one as per your requirements.
Pros of Garcinia Cambogia
Garcinia Cambogia is a weight loss supplement derived from a fruit found in the tropical regions of Asia and India.
The tropical fruit itself is called Garcinia Cambogia or the ‘Malabar tamarind’. The main compound found in Garcinia Cambogia used for weight loss is the naturally occurring chemical called Hydroxycitric acid. This active ingredient helps:
- Burn fat in human bodies by inhibiting an enzyme called Citrate Lyase which is responsible for synthesizing fat from sugars and starches. Therefore, with a decrease in this hormone, carbohydrates are used mostly for energy which leaves less fat stored.
- In decreasing appetite and food cravings.
- Promote the secretion of the ‘happiness hormone’, Seratonin, to ultimately improve the emotional well being of an individual and prevent emotional eating.
- May improve the body’s ability to absorb glucose, which can be helpful to diabetic individuals.
- Can improve cholesterol levels by decreasing the ‘bad cholesterol’ – LDL and increasing the good HDL cholesterol.
Cons of Garcinia Cambogia
When taking Garcinia Cambogia supplements, one has to be careful about possible side effects such as:
- Digestive issues such as Diarrhea
- Dry mouth
Furthermore, if you are also interested in the additional benefits of this supplement regarding blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels, make sure you are not already on diabetic medications or cholesterol medications.
Pros of Raspberry Ketone
Raspberry Ketone is another popular weight loss supplement. This naturally occurring compound is found in trace amounts in raspberries and produces two major benefits to individuals seeking weight loss:
- Improves fat break down in cells by making cells more susceptible to a hormone called Norepinephrine which helps in fat burning.
- Revs up metabolism.This is done via a protein hormone called Adiponectin. Raspberry Ketone promotes the production of this hormone which is found in fat cells. Adiponectin determines how efficiently these cells are broken down for energy. Therefore, playing an important role in regulating metabolism and blood glucose levels.
In brief, the increase of adiponectin levels improves metabolism as the body continues to burn fat even when an individual is not exercising or is on a low calorie diet.
Increased levels of the hormone Adiponectin can also help in decreasing the factors mentioned below:
- Risks of heart disease
- Risks of Obesity
- Development of fatty liver
- Risks of type 2 diabetes
- Hair loss and skin elasticity problems
Cons of Raspberry Ketone
Although the effects of Raspberry Ketone are beneficial for burning of fat and speeding up metabolism, studies show that a massive dosage is needed for an optimum result.
Additionally, there has not been enough research done on the effect of Raspberry Ketone supplements on humans, to decide the dosage needed for the best results.
Some of the side effects which are believed to arise from improper dosage or prolonged use in individuals using this supplement are:
- Palpitations and Jitteriness which can be brought about by the increased heart beat caused by Raspberry Ketone.
- Increased blood pressure which can be due to increase in the levels of the hormone Norepinephrine
|UltraMax Garcinia||Raspberry Ketone Plus|
|How it works?||Helps suppress hunger and boost energy levels.||Balance stress hormones and
dramatically reduces cortisol levels.
|Main compound||Adiponectin||HCA (Hydroxycitric acid)|
|Possible side effects||Minor||Minor|
|Buy Now||Buy Now|
Combining Raspberry Ketones with Garcinia Cambogia
One rewarding thing about both the weight loss supplements is that both are naturally occurring. Therefore, if carefully used both can be administered without major side effects. If you are planning to combine raspberry ketones with garcinia cambogia you can get faster results.
Furthermore, the mechanism by which both help in weight loss are quite effective. The difference lies in the extent to which both are studied. While Raspberry Ketone has not been studied as extensively as Garcinia Cambogia, there still do exist satisfied customers who have seen weight loss results.
Whether you choose Garcinia Combogia or Rasperry Ketone, both are surely perfect for your weight loss program!
Dietitian with around 3 years of experience in assessing the nutritional needs of patients, counselling individuals, communicating the appropriate nutritional information to other members of the health care team and implementing nutritional care plans by following all the standards.